Feeling stiff and inflexible, or even worse, feeling pain in your joints is debilitating and can be a source of misery and depression for many people.
Approximately 350 million people worldwide have arthritis (www.medicinenet.com) which makes this a huge problem for both the healthcare profession and the sufferers themselves.
Although there is no cure for arthritis, there are many practices and methods we can adopt to help minimise the progression of this condition. In the video on this page you will learn how to use Qigong for arthritis and other related bone and joint conditions.
Janice Tucker is a practitioner of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Medical Qigong, and the founder of the Space To Relax online programme of Qigong video lessons (https://spacetorelax.com/).
Please don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel by clicking the red “Subscribe” button above so you don’t miss my regular videos which are full of useful health enhancing tips. These videos will help you to enhance your health and prevent illness from arising in the first place. Also please give this video a “Like” if you found it informative.
What Are The Symptoms of Arthritis?
Symptoms of arthritis include pain and limited function of joints. Inflammation of the joints from arthritis is characterised by joint stiffness, swelling, redness, and warm. Tenderness of the inflamed joint can be present.
In Traditional Chinese Medicine terms your symptoms are due to a lack of smooth and open flow of blood, fluid and Qi (energy) through the joints. This is often where things tend to stagnate because there are lots of nooks and crannies in the joints for the blood, fluid and energy to flow though. The narrowing of these circulatory pathways is a bit like the narrowing of a motorway caused by road works; if a lane is closed everything backs up in the area!
The Solution – Qigong For Arthritis
Any moving Qigong methods in general are perfect for dealing with arthritis as they smooth the flow of energy (Qi) and blood flow through the area. In Chinese Medicine terms, it is a stagnation or blockage of the flow of Qi and blood which can cause pain. However there are a couple of methods which are particularly useful to help you regulate arthritis more specifically.
1. Qigong for Cleansing. Watch my previous video on “Qigong For Cleansing”. You can use this method of Qigong for arthritis because it helps to rid any waste Qi from your body, i.e. stiffness, aches, heaviness and pain. https://spacetorelax.com/qigong-for-cleansing/
2. For back pain. Watch my previous video on “Qigong Standing Posture”. This method is exceptionally helpful if you suffer with arthritis of the spine or knees as it provides you with a standing posture which will avoid any obstruction in the flow of Qi and blood through two areas which are particularly prone to stagnation and pain, the lower back and neck. https://spacetorelax.com/qigong-standing-posture/
3. For morning stiffness and pain. If you feel especially stiff in the mornings and it takes you a while to get going then it will be very helpful for you to start the day with a few gentle movements. This will help you to get going quicker in the mornings! My perfect Morning Qigong Routine is shown here: https://spacetorelax.com/morning-qigong-exercise-3-feel-good-tips/
4. For fibromyalgia and related muscle stiffness and pain. A few of my Space To Relax online Qigong members requested the video I made here as they suffer with fibromyalgia. If you also suffer with muscle stiffness and pain in addition to joint stiffness watch my previous video on” Qigong for Fibromyalgia”. https://spacetorelax.com/qigong-for-fibromyalgia/
What Do I Do Next?
If you would like to start using Qigong for arthritis then:
1. Head over to my Space To Relax homepage (https://spacetorelax.com/). There you can sign up for a free 3 part video series of Qigong lessons. These three lessons, in addition to the videos referred to above, will give you many useful pain relieving methods to help stiff and inflexible joints and help you to manage arthritis to the best of your ability.
2. Subscribe to my YouTube channel by clicking the red “Subscribe” button. That way you won’t miss my regular videos which are full of useful health enhancing tips. Also please give this video a “Like” and share with me in the comments box what you do to help relieve stiffness and pain in your joints.
3. Join my free Facebook group, “Space To Relax Free Group” (https://www.facebook.com/groups/janicetuckercourses/) and leave any comments or questions for me there. I’ll be happy to answer them. Also, by joining this group, you will receive regular posts of Qigong articles and videos with really useful tips about how to use Qigong to improve your state of health.