Knee pain is a relatively common condition which I see in my Chinese medicine and acupuncture clinic. Whether caused by arthritis, wear and tear of cartilage or an injury of some kind, I’ll show you in this video how to use Qigong for knee pain so that you can relieve the pain and improve flexibility in the knees.
Janice Tucker is a practitioner of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Medical Qigong. She is also the founder of the Space To Relax online programme of Qigong video lessons (https://spacetorelax.com/space-to-relax-programme/).
Please don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel by clicking the red “Subscribe” button above so you don’t miss my regular videos which are full of useful health enhancing tips. These videos will help you to enhance your health and prevent illness from arising in the first place. Also please give this video a “Like” if you found it informative.
The Consequences of Living With Knee Pain
Any of you who have ever suffered with pain in your knees will know that it can be miserable. Not only does the physical pain itself cause you to suffer, but it also stops you from doing the things you love which can negatively impact upon your emotional state of health. For example, you may not be able to go for your daily walk with friends, play with your children or grandchildren or carry out your job (if it is one of a physical nature).
The pain may also prevent you from getting a good night’s sleep because you can’t find a comfortable position in bed. You then wake up exhausted.
The fact that you can’t go about your daily business as usual can leave you feeling low, depressed, irritable and also fearful or anxious about how long you are going to have to endure this situation.
A Simple Method of Qigong For Knee Pain Relief
The following method is part of a series of stretches called the Yi Tai Stretches which can be found in my Space To Relax Online Programme of Qigong video lessons. The video clip is taken from that.
1. Bend your knees. Place your hands on your knees above the kneecaps with fingers facing inwards.
2. Rotate knees right. Rotate knees left.
3. Open and close knees back to front. Open and close knees front to back.
4. Bend knees and squat down (try to keep heels on ground)
5. Come up to standing by pushing the feet firmly into the ground.
Don’t let the knees fall in towards each other.
Only move the knees as far as is comfortable for you.
Keep movements slow and deliberate. It is sudden movement that can cause injury.
A previous video which I made on how to stand correctly for Qigong practice is in itself a perfect method of Qigong for knee pain relief. Once you adopt the correct posture this takes any pressure or strain away from your knees while at the same time promoting more free flow of blood, fluid and Qi through the knee joint so that it is nourished and energised. (https://spacetorelax.com/qigong-standing-posture/).
Where Can I Learn More?
If you would like to learn even more benefits of Qigong for knee pain then:
1. Head over to my Space To Relax homepage (https://spacetorelax.com/). There you can sign up for a free 3 part video series of Qigong lessons. Once you’ve completed the free series you’ll have the opportunity to join my Space To Relax online membership programme of Qigong video lessons. This will allow you to take your practice to a whole new level where you will learn many exercises to eliminate health issues before they become a major problem. I’ll guide you step by step through many more effective Qigong methods, all which can be adapted to be used for the condition of knee pain, regardless of where in the knees you feel it.
2. Subscribe to my YouTube channel by clicking the red “Subscribe” button. That way you won’t miss my regular videos which are full of useful health enhancing tips. Also please give this video a “Like” and share with me in the comments box what you learned from this video.
3. Join my free Facebook group, “Space To Relax Free Group” (https://www.facebook.com/groups/janicetuckercourses/) and leave any comments or questions for me there. I’ll be happy to answer them. Also, by joining this group, you will receive regular posts of Qigong articles and videos with really useful tips about how to use Qigong to improve your state of health.